Project/ Event Manager (36 – 40 hours a week)
Energy Delta Institute (EDI) is an international energy business school. Through a rich variety of energy training courses and networking activities we prepare professionals for challenges they face in what is a dynamic environment.
EDI is part of the New Energy Coalition: a new organisation set up to make the world a more sustainable and beautiful place by providing a substantial contribution to the energy transition, both nationally and internationally. We are convinced that connecting knowledge and networks are necessary preconditions for this. Approximately 50 employees are working for New Energy Coalition in different teams and projects.
Office location: Energy Academy building at the Zernike Campus, Groningen, the Netherlands
We offer a responsible and varied position in an international organisation within an informal working atmosphere and in a young, dynamic and ambitious organisation providing you with great opportunities to develop yourself.
As a Project/Event Manager
You are responsible for the organisation and execution of several training programmes and events hosted in the Netherlands and abroad. This includes the logistical organisation, accommodation- and travel planning, the organisation of social events and the communication with the participants and lecturers. You are responsible for the overall budget for assigned training programmes/ events. In addition during an event or course week you are present at the location and the contact person/ focal point for all parties (participants, lecturers, hosting party).
You are part of the project management team and will work closely together with our account managers and energy analysts and will report to the Director of the business school.
- Higher education/academic level of working and thinking;
- Strong organisational and social skills with a customer oriented attitude;
- Interest in the energy sector;
- Attentiveness to different cultures especially the Russian culture and way of working;
- Able to keep an overview and to adapt to new environments /situations quickly;
- Proactive and structured;
- Excellent language skills in Dutch and English both verbally and in writing. Other languages are a plus; especially Russian.
- High sense of responsibility and able to work independently as well as within a team;
- No 9 to 5 mentality and is prepared / likes to travel.
Need more information?
For more information about this position please contact Eline Dietz (Project/ Event Manager) on (088 1166836) or via firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the procedure please contact Bianca Dijkstra (088-1166800).
Do you recognise yourself in the above mentioned profile? Then we are inviting you to send a letter of motivation and CV no later than 18 February 2018 by e-mail to HRM@newenergycoalition.org with a reference to ‘Project/Event Manager EDI’.
The job interviews will take place end of February. Initially, you will be offered a temporary contract. Extension of the contract for an indefinite period is possible. We offer a competitive salary and employee benefits package.