Vacancy: Energy Analyst (0,8-1 fte)Gepubliceerd op
New Energy Coalition is a knowledge and network organization that aims to make the world more sustainable by helping to accelerate the energy transition. In this transition, companies, (knowledge) institutions and governments must innovate together to achieve breakthroughs in technology and knowledge, in economic and social applications and in the thinking and acting of people. As a catalyst, New Energy Coalition moves energy innovation and education forward by bringing together knowledge, policy and entrepreneurship
For our Business Development team we are looking for an:
Energy Analyst on the topic of Ecosystems / North Sea (0.8-1 fte)
The team and the position
The energy transition will move us towards a sustainable energy system. An exciting pathway that requires a lot of changes and therefore expertise. You can actively participate in this. The Business Development team is responsible for acquiring, developing and executing new projects, designed to accelerate innovations in the field of energy transition. We do this by developing knowledge and by stimulating investments in new energy technologies and applications. In this position your focus is on two main themes: Energy Ecosystems and Green Gas. Your work will mainly focus on Energy Eco Systems and in particular on North Sea Energy System, but you will also be involved in our other themes.
You will work on the North Sea Energy project. North Sea Energy is a public-private research consortium that investigates the North Sea’s potential for an integrated energy system. Besides research, the project consortium also initiates pilots and projects to test and demonstrate innovative concepts in practice. An example of this is the PosHYdon project. You work together with teammates, colleagues from another team and with our partners (knowledge institutions, governments and companies). In order to make a good contribution, you are enthusiastic about the challenges that the broad field of energy transition poses to us and you have received targeted training to that end. If you have specific affinity with offshore wind or transmission technology, that is certainly an advantage for this position.
- You provide substantive content support for the North Sea Energy programme and possibly for other programs within the theme of Eco Systems.
- You will work (independently and in a team) on research issues related to concrete offshore system integration and how this may translate into a roadmap for the North Sea. You will analyse the techno-economic challenges, wishes and needs of stakeholders and translate these into a cost-benefit analysis; You will test the feasibility and collaborate with the consortium on further substantive elaboration.
• You keep track of the developments in the field and you also actively advise our relations and partners.
• You develop your own network and you represent New Energy Coalition at involved knowledge institutions, municipalities, provinces and companies;
- Academically trained (in Dutch: WO/HBO+) , graduated with a technical and/or economic background and a clear energy profile
- Affinity with modelling in Excel, Matlab, or a specific energy modelling program
- You have shown through your studies or work that your project organization is always in order;
• You can work with stakeholders from different sectors and you have experience with this;
• You are flexible and analytical. In addition, you are able to carry out substantive projects independently as well as in a team, assess results critically and clearly convey substantive results to a wide audience.
• You enjoy making new contacts and building a relationship of trust; You are not hesitant to present yourself.
• You have excellent command of the English language (Dutch is a pro) and good editorial skills
- The energy transition is in full swing and you can actually contribute to that. You will work in a team with a lot of expertise and drive and you work with our partners: often very interesting companies and knowledge institutions. Together we tackle the challenges and you are in the middle of it.
- If you believe that the North Sea may be at the heart of the energy transition, you will have the opportunity to participate in it and to develop yourself.
- You can start with us immediately: a contract for 1 year and prospect of a permanent appointment.
- We offer a varied job with development opportunities in an informal working atmosphere and good fringe benefits with a competitive salary.
- The position is classified as Energy Analyst with a salary of €2.700 to €5.400 gross per month for a full-time appointment. The classification depends on your work experience.
The work is mainly carried out from our office in Groningen (Energy Academy Europe Building, Zernike Campus Groningen).
More information about this position can be obtained from Joris Kee, Energy Analyst (06-29178152).
For questions about the procedure, please contact Bianca Dijkstra or Jeanine Steenbergen (088-1166800).
For more information about New Energy Coalition see www.newenergycoalition.org
You can apply by sending a motivation letter and your resume before 1 September to HRM@newenergycoalition.org.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.